Thursday, October 17, 2013

Leadership Lesson #3

Everyone has leaders - so obey them.  Make leadership a joy for them.

I know what you are thinking...........whoever wrote that wasn't around for the last couple of weeks when our governmental leaders couldn't get their act together.  They weren't thinking of these guys when people were not allowed to work.  I say I know what you are thinking - actually I'm just admitting that that's what I'm thinking these days.

But these words/thoughts came from the Bible - Hebrews 13:17.

"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account.  Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you."

2 learnings for me this week..........

  1. I have leaders.  I need to submit to them.  I need to submit willingly.  I need to make it easy for them to lead me.
  2. As a leader - I will have to give an account to how I led people.  Did I imitate Christ so others could imitate me and grow more like Jesus?
These learnings are very convicting to me.  I need to lead well.  I need to imitate Christ better.  I need to pray for my leaders and follow them well.

Christ died for the times I don't do these things well............I'm thankful I'm forgiven............I want to grow more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment