Sunday, May 8, 2011

SIN and RESCUE

It is truly a story as old as time..............because it is written all throughout the Bible from Genesis to today........... Man sins and God rescues.

Today is Mother's Day. A day to relax and enjoy the fact that you gave birth to those little munchkins. They will bring you gifts and tell you they love you. They will get all dressed up and take a pretty picture. But I guarantee that in every home out there..........at some point today they will disobey. Yes, even on Mother's Day. And yes, even on Mother's Day you will have to punish some sin - some disobedience.

We are all sinners through and through. We can't go a single day without disobeying God. When you read Part 8 of the BIG PICTURE STORY BIBLE you see that as soon as God rescued the people, they would sin again. They would worship Him as their king and rescuer...........then turn around and try to be their own king. Unfortunately we are no different. We can't go a day without sinning.

I am so thankful that God doesn't get tired of rescuing me. That He doesn't get tired of forgiving me. That His love doesn't have a limit. That even if there was a God's Day - He would know that I'm gonna mess up and He has me covered. I am so thankful that He sent His one and only son to die for me............for me...........the loser that can't go a day without disobeying Him.

Thank you God - my rescuer!

No comments:

Post a Comment