Christmas is a wonderful and easy time to incorporate family traditions. If you haven't started any in your family, I hope you will this year. Here are a few that Mark and I had with our kids.
- Reading the story of Jesus' birth - multiple times; from the Bible and from other books. (If your child needs a Bible - we sell some in both PeeWeeVille and Creek Kids. They make great Christmas presents!)
- Having a nativity that the children could "play with"
- Adopting a family to be generous with
- When we opened gifts on Christmas Eve, it was done from a giving perspective. Each child took a turn giving the gifts they purchased to each member of the family - those gifts were opened one at a time; then the next child was the giver.
- We served at church on Christmas Eve - usually in the same area; and we all sat together in another service on Christmas Eve
- The kids all received new pajamas on Christmas Eve