Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pray first

Colosians 4:2-6
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison - that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

As I was reading this passage today I was reminded:
  • to pray for people. Especially people far from God. Pray that they hear and understand the mystery of the gospel
  • to be wise with my time.
  • to let my speech be gracious.

If I would pray first.................I will be using my time wisely..............and .............I'll speak graciously. Sounds easy enough.

I want kids and parents and friends and co-workers to hear God when I speak and not me. I don't want to waste their time with my foolish words............I just want to speak the gospel.

Thats my prayer........................

No comments:

Post a Comment